Monday, February 09, 2009

Shamanistic Journey

Recently I went on a shamanistic journey. Yes I did! Prior to going on the journey we had to set an intent - give a concrete and specific outcome we wanted help with in our life now.

Specifically I went on a journey to meet my spirit helpers and ask for help to let go of pain in my heart and to free my heart to love myself and others.

and this is what I remember of my journey...

turned out I went to the rock in Jericho Beach Park. I went and asked the rock for help, hugged the rock and told the rock I need help letting go of the pain in my heart so I could open my heart to love myself and others. The rock told me I had to go through it. I was confused. An old woman appeared, bent back, with a white cane. She was pointing the cane toward the rock I think. I understood that I had to go through the rock. I asked her for help with the same intent. I faced the rock, I hugged the rock. I began to go through the rock. I was sort of pushing and then swimming through it. It was hard and then sort of like muddy material - I had to swim through it, push myself through the hard rock then the mud - then it split open and became water and a pool with portions of the rock around it - a rock pool and a small seal was there. A dark seal - I asked the seal for help - the seal was swimming in the water and I was swimming with the seal and I think I became the seal. Then I was standing holding the rock - it was transformed into a large pumpkin shape - but it was light and white and split open with light coming out from the middle of it. I was holding it - it was the rock - but changed. It was shining. I held it in my outstretched hands and felt it. I knew the white rock split open was my heart free of the past pain and open. I swam around the rock pool. Then I saw the old woman pointing again and she was pointing to an image of sunshine, and I saw two people holding hands and running or skipping in a field - I think it was me and someone - I don't know who or the gender. I felt energized and free. We were running, light and happy. It could have been children or adults, the energy was light, but I could not see the forms distinctly. The old woman kept pointing, the seal swam and the rock was still open and white. It was time to leave so I hugged the big rock, I thanked the rock, the seal, the old woman, the place and the spirits and I came back.

No comments: